MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Our Budget and Policy Summit is kicking off this Thursday! Take a look below to see why you should register now. We hope to see you there!
Our all-virtual 2022 Pennsylvania Budget & Policy Summit kicks off this Thursday with a presentation of PBPC’s analysis of the 2022-23 state budget and a keynote address by Senate Democratic Appropriations Committee Chairperson Vincent Hughes. The online conference will continue on each of the next 3 Thursday afternoons!
We’re excited about the presentations we have planned and the policy and advocacy experts who will be participating in the Summit’s workshops and panel discussions—but the big question is … WHY SHOULD YOU REGISTER AND ATTEND?
Here are 5 great reasons to join us on Zoom for this annual event:
- We’ll be releasing PBPC’s analysis of Governor Wolf’s PA budget proposal, and the opening plenary this Thursday at 10:30 AM will provide an in-depth overview of the budget, with a special focus on the billion$ in federal COVID relief funds and surplus revenue that are currently sitting in the bank and how these resources should be used to support small businesses and Pennsylvanians who are struggling.
- Always a dynamic and inspiring orator, Sen. Vincent Hughes’s keynote address at 1 p.m. on Thursday will focus on the theme of the Summit, “Advancing Democracy for Pennsylvania’s Future“—a timely topic and a speech that should not be missed!
- The workshops at the Summit offer a deep dive into some of the biggest challenges facing Pennsylvania—equitable school funding, affordable housing, defending democracy & voting rights, investing in infrastructure, and fixing our upside-down tax system. The workshop sessions are on three Thursdays, March 24, March 31, and April 7, from 1 to 2:15 PM, with a choice of two workshops for each session.
- The Summit concludes on Thursday afternoon, April 7, with a lively legislative panel discussion from 2:30 to 3:30 PM, moderated by Corinna Vecsey Wilson, Esq, and featuring state Reps. Sara Innamorato and Mike Schlossberg, along with other progressive leaders in the General Assembly.
- Each session of the Summit includes time for attendees to submit questions to presenters and panelists, providing ample opportunities for you to help steer the direction of the discussion and share your thoughts and perspectives!
There are plenty of reasons why you won’t want to miss our 2022 Budget Summit—but the most important question of all is, ARE YOU REGISTERED? If not, go online and register NOW to receive your custom logins for the Summit sessions, and join us on Zoom at 10:30 this Thursday morning for the opening plenary session of the 2022 Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Summit!