ReImagine Appalachia Campaign Manager
The Campaign Manager is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of a dynamic, multi-state campaign strategy in consultation with the ReImagine Appalachia co-directors, planning committee, and campaign coordinator. Implementation responsibilities will include planning and hosting activities designed to increase political will for the uptake of the ReImagine Appalachia federal policy framework (reimagineappalachia.org). The person filling this position will help mobilize public, stakeholder, and policymaker support for the ReImagine Appalachia framework. The work includes implementing the 30/60/90-day campaign strategy to educate and engage elected officials, their staff, and other decision makers who have the power to influence.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assisting with campaign planning and implementing campaign strategy.
- Planning and hosting socially distanced events and actions with stakeholders, community members, policymakers, and the press.
Job tasks include:
- Work with the Research and Policy Committee to develop and implement research action plan that drives campaign plan
- Work with advocates, partners, and allies to further develop and execute a 30-60-90 campaign plan that builds a base of support for Reimagine Appalachia and generates political will
- Work with the Campaign Coordinator to develop accountability among coalition members to implement the campaign plan.
- Work with members to significantly expand the number and diversity of member organizations and supporters; through communication and training, webinars, and other events designed to engage organizations and supporters in public policy advocacy.
- Engage interested stakeholders in campaign activities
- Organize educational seminars and presentations for elected officials, staff, and candidates.
- Help organize and host community engagement forums (e.g., digital town halls) in which officials, candidates, and staff participate.
- Track and report on federal and state legislative action pertaining to the Reimagine Appalachia policy priorities.
- Other related duties as need and assigned by the planning committee
The ideal candidate is someone deeply invested in the region and who has a knowledge of the political landscape and community networks in the Ohio River Valley; regional cultural competency; a background in community and/or political organizing; and experience in educating and convening community members, grass tops stakeholders and leading them to action.
Additional qualifications include:
- Demonstrable experience managing regional or state-level advocacy campaigns or building diverse and effective alliances and collaborations
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, website and social media applications and management tools, and online networking and collaborative tools.
This is a short-term campaign position ending in November 2020. The position may be extended depending on availability of funds.
Competitive; depends on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com. No calls, please.
This position will be filled as quickly as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.