PBPC’s 2022 Pennsylvania Budget & Policy Summit: “Advancing Democracy for Pennsylvania’s Future”
If you weren’t able to join us March 17 – April 7, here’s where you can catch up on what you missed!
We designed our sessions to focus on public policies that make it possible for all of us to thrive and highlighted the need to defend the democratic principles that inspire the process of choosing our government and legislative leaders.
The Summit gave access to
- PBPC’s detailed and independent analysis of Governor Wolf’s Executive Budget proposal.
- an overview of the challenges and opportunities facing the commonwealth.
- state lawmakers, who shared their legislative priorities and answered questions.
- session days that gave the choice of two engaging workshops with policy experts and leading advocates.
- leaders who share your commitment to advancing shared prosperity for all Pennsylvanians and spoke about their ideas and updated us on their progress.
1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Keynote Address – Senator Vince Hughes
Thursday, March 24: Workshop Session 1 | 1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
“Racial Disparities in K-12 Education and an Update on Pennsylvania’s School Funding Lawsuit”
“We The People-PA’s Top Issues for 2022”
“The Future of Pennsylvania’s Democracy”
“Addressing Housing Affordability in the COVID-19 Period & Beyond: Overview on Curbing Evictions in Pennsylvania, Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) & Possible Solutions”
1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Workshop Session 3
“Fixing Pennsylvania’s Upside-Down Tax System: Passing the Fair Share Tax and a State Earned Income Tax Credit”
“Leveraging Federal Infrastructure Funds to Improve Jobs and Community Benefits in PA”
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Legislative Panel Discussion